1. These terms
In order to use our services you must register for an account on our site or app (Account). You must keep the sign in details for your Account confidential as you will be responsible for the actions of anyone who uses those details. If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your login details, you must promptly notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Information about us and how to contact us
The Moneyzen website and app are operated by MoneyZen Limited trading as Bettercents (“we”, “us”). Our registered office is at: 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, N1 7GU. MoneyZen is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority as an appointed representative of Promethean Finance Limited (662425), our reference number is 951583.
You can contact us by writing to us at email@example.com. If we have to contact you we will do so by telephone or by writing to you at the email address or postal address you provided to us when registering your Account.
When we use the words "writing" or "written" in these terms, this includes emails.
3. Our services
- We do not provide you with financial advice, only guidance. MoneyZen is an online credit broker, not a lender.
- We provide access to offers, products or services that you may find interesting based on information you provide to us. Our information or suggestions are only to be taken as guidance and we aim to target offers based on the financial credit profile and financial goals you advise to us. We will refresh your offers on a periodic basis and prompt you to keep your information up-to-date and accurate so that we ensure we are suggesting the most relevant offers to you. There is no charge to you for our services but if you enter into a contract with a third party for an offer or product we promote, we may receive a commission. We are an appointed representative of Promethean Finance Limited, which is regulated with the FCA under reference number 662425.
- We provide our relevant 'partners' with personal data you provide to us in order to be able to suggest appropriate product offers:
- We use Monevo to provide our loan product offers. (Monevo Limited is an Appointed Representative of Quint Group Limited, and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 723672. Quint Group Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is entered on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 669450. Monevo Limited is registered in England and Wales (Company number 06511345). Registered Office: Oxford House, Oxford Road, Macclesfield, SK11 8HS)
- We use London and Country Mortgages Ltd to provide you with mortgage product offers. (London and Country Mortgages Ltd. is registered in England and Wales (1988608) with address Beazer House, Lower Bristol Road, Bath, Avon, BA2 3BA, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 143002)
- We use Equifax to access your credit information. We cannot guarantee that this data is completely accurate all the time. When we make requests from Equifax for your credit information, this may leave one or more 'soft searches' on your credit file. These soft searches are not visible to lenders or organisations when deciding whether to offer you credit and do not affect your credit score. (Equifax Limited is registered in England with Registered No. 2425920. Registered Office: 1 Angel Court, London, EC2R 7HJ. Equifax Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 739000)
- We also use Equifax, as an open banking provider, to verify information you may choose to disclose to us.
- We use Fluent Money Limited to provide you with secured personal loans and mortgage product offers. (Fluent Money Limited is registered in England and Wales (06200496) with address 102 Rivington House Chorley New Road, Horwich, Bolton, England, BL6 5UE, is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and is on the Financial Services Register under reference number: 654425)
- We may also share certain information that is not considered personal data with other third parties in order to help us provide offers, products or services. For example, Twenty7Tec Group Ltd help us to assess property value.
- We cannot guarantee that the lender of any product will accept your application. Every lender has their own detailed eligibility and acceptance criteria and will evaluate every application on its own merits. Please review information provided by each lender regarding their products, as we have no responsibility for how those products operate, how much risk they may carry or on what terms they may be available from time to time.
- It’s always your choice whether to pursue a particular offer, product or service - we'll never submit an application to one of our partner lenders on your behalf unless you ask us to do so.
Our services are directed to people residing in the United Kingdom. We do not represent that content available on or through our site or app is appropriate for use or available in other locations.
Our site and app are made available free of charge. Should you enter into a contract with any third party we feature on our site or app, we may receive a commission as a result of your entering into that contract.
We do not guarantee that our site or app, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. We may suspend or withdraw or restrict the availability of all or any part of our site or app for business and operational reasons. We will try to give you reasonable notice of any suspension or withdrawal.
5. Do not rely on information on our site or app
The content on our site and app is provided for general information and guidance only, it is not intended to amount to advice on which you should rely. You should obtain professional or specialist advice before taking, or refraining from taking, any action on the basis of the content on our site or app or any services or products that we may feature.
Although we make reasonable efforts to update the information on our site or app, we make no representations, warranties or guarantees, whether express or implied, that the content on our site or app is accurate, complete or up to date.
6. Personal data
- We may need certain information from you so that we can supply our broker services to you, for example, details of your finance history. If you do not give us this information within a reasonable time of us asking for it, or if you give us incomplete or incorrect information, we may not be able to provide services to you.
Our responsibility for loss or damage suffered by you
- We do not exclude or limit in any way our liability to you where it would be unlawful to do so. This includes liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence or the negligence of our employees, agents or subcontractors; or for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation.
- You agree to use our site or app for personal use only. We have no liability to you for any loss of profit; loss of business; business interruption; or loss of business opportunity; or any other special, indirect or consequential loss.
- You acknowledge that we do not recommend any offers, products or services and cannot guarantee any savings, increased investments or other benefits. You are responsible for choosing whether to pursue any offers, products or services. Please check the terms that apply to any offer, product or service before committing.
- If defective digital content that we have supplied damages a device or digital content belonging to you and this is caused by our failure to use reasonable care and skill, we will either repair the damage or pay you compensation. However, we will not be liable for damage caused by you failing correctly to follow installation instructions or to have in place any minimum system requirements advised by us.
Your responsibility to us
- You will indemnify and keep us indemnified from and against all claims, damages, liabilities, loss, costs, and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) we suffer or incur arising from or in connection with the breach by you of any obligations under these terms. This means you will be responsible for any loss or damage we or any applicable user suffers as a result of your failure to abide by these terms.
8. Prohibited Uses
- You may use our site or app only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site or app:
- in any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- in any way that is unlawful or fraudulent or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- for the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- to bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- to send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material which does not comply with our content standards outlined below.
- to transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation.
- knowingly to transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of our site or app in contravention of these terms.
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our site or app;
- any equipment or network on which our site or app is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our site or app; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
9. We are not responsible for viruses and you must not introduce them
- We do not guarantee that our site or app will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform to access our site or app. You should use your own virus protection software.
- You must not misuse our site or app by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material that is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our site or app, the server on which our site or app is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site or app. You must not attack our site or app via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We may report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our site or app will cease immediately.
10. Rules about linking to our site
- You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
- The website in which you are linking must comply in all respects with these terms, including the Content Standards.
- Our site or app must not be framed on any other site or app, nor may you create a link to any part of our site or app other than the home page.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- If you wish to link to or make any use of content on our site or app other than that set out above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
11. How you may use material on our site and app
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site and app, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others to content posted on our site and app.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site and app must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site or app for commercial purposes, without first obtaining a written licence to do so from us or our licensors.
12. We are not responsible for websites we link to
Where our site or app contains links to other sites and resources provided by third parties, these links are provided for your information only. Such links should not be interpreted as approval by us of those linked websites or information you may obtain from them.
We have no control over the contents of those sites or resources.
13. Content Standards
Whenever you make use of a feature that allows you to make contact with other users of our site or app (Contribution) you must comply with the Content Standards set out in this section.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The Content Standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole. We will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- be accurate (where it states facts).
- be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- comply with the law, regulations, codes and guidance applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
A Contribution must not:
- be defamatory of any person.
- be obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate.
- promote sexually explicit material.
- include child sexual abuse material.
- promote violence.
- promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- be likely to deceive any person.
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- promote any illegal content or activity.
- be in contempt of court.
- be threatening, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- give the impression that the Contribution emanates from us, if this is not the case.
- advocate, promote, incite any party to commit, or assist any unlawful or criminal act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
- contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism.
- contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites.
14. Breach of acceptable use
When we consider that you have breached these terms in your use of our site or app, we may take such action as we deem appropriate, which includes the right to remove any Contribution you make if, in our opinion, your Contribution does not comply with the Content Standards. We may also take any of the following actions:
- Suspension of your Account and immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site and/or app.
- immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you.
- issue of a warning to you.
- legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- further legal action against you.
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law.
We also have the right to disclose your identity to any third party who is claiming that any Contribution posted or uploaded by you to our site or app constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy.
We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of our terms. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
15. Site and App Content
- Uploading content to our site or app
- You retain all of your ownership rights in your Contribution, but you are required to grant us a limited licence to use, store and copy that Contribution and to distribute and make it available to third parties. The rights you license to us are described below.
- You are solely responsible for securing and backing up your Contribution.
- Rights you are giving us to use your Contribution
- When you upload or post a Contribution, you grant us the following rights to use that content: a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence, for an unlimited time, to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and modify that user-generated content in connection with the service provided by our site or app and across different media including to promote our services.
16. User-generated content is not approved by us
Our site and app includes information and materials uploaded by other users of the site and app, including Contributions. This information and these materials have not been verified or approved by us. The views expressed by other users on our site and app do not represent our views or values.
17. How to complain about content uploaded by other users
If you wish to complain about content uploaded by other users, please contact us on email@example.com.
18. Other important terms
We may transfer this agreement to someone else. We may transfer our rights and obligations under these terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
You need our consent to transfer your rights to someone else. You may only transfer your rights or your obligations under these terms to another person if we agree to this in writing.
Nobody else has any rights under these terms. These terms outline the relationship between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
If a court finds part of this contract illegal, the rest will continue in force. Each of the paragraphs of these terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
Even if we delay in enforcing these terms, we can still enforce them later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of your breaking these terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Which country’s laws apply to any disputes?
Our trade marks
MONEYZEN and BETTERCENTS are trade marks of MoneyZen Limited t/a Bettercents. You are not permitted to use them without our approval.